- Fri, 14:56: Touch & go. :(
- Fri, 15:10: love u guys <3 wish i could reply to evryone am just waiting, could be hours, could b days? he's fighting soo hard
- Fri, 16:06: I may need to make The Decision for Mr. Campy.
- Sat, 08:51: If I took the TARDIS to last week & showed him a pic of himself now, I know what he'd decide. But why must an easy decision feel so hard?
- Sat, 09:11: Moving to a private room so I can snuggle in bed with him as he passes away on a morphine drip.
- Sat, 09:11: You guys are awesome. I just wanna let you know that b/c I can't reply to each of you at the moment.
- Sat, 11:05: He's on the other side now. #peace
- Sat, 11:42: RT @madders_ahatter: @campyspornshack Because it is only easy in the head, not in the heart. Sending love prayers and huggles at this im ...
- Sat, 11:42: RT @dierne_kitten: @campyspornshack because you never want to let go of someone you love even if you know it's the best thing for them
- Sat, 11:44: RT @capn_madd_katt: @campyspornshack sending hugs!
- Thu, 12:27: I don't know whether to hope or to say goodbye.
- Thu, 12:32: You guys are the best. I'm only in my @ mentions page, and am trying to keep up with everyone's replies. If I miss responding, I apologize.
- Thu, 13:23: RT @Kat_Xander: @campyspornshack Not a cat either, but wasn't sure what you've seen. This made me giggle: http://t.co/F99pxP05
- Thu, 13:24: RT @solstice0612: @campyspornshack Okie dokie, here we go: http://t.co/mzdbAhdE
- Thu, 13:27: RT @justine_manzano: @campyspornshack @solstice0612 http://t.co/Io65gD9D
- Thu, 13:29: RT @solstice0612: @campyspornshack Asgard cat: http://t.co/roVNRaab
- Thu, 13:30: RT @justine_manzano: @campyspornshack http://t.co/nOzpv5Pm
- Thu, 21:11: Damn you guys & all your LOLcats & positive thoughts/prayers. Mr. Campy's doing better. I mean, WHAT? I dared not hope.
- Fri, 05:34: The jaw-droppingly wet & barechested RDA http://t.co/WPgxSpXr
- Tue, 12:11: I should have insisted he get medical attention sooner instead of having to call 911 when it reached his brain. :(
- Tue, 12:12: All the nurses & doctors here are been fabulous.
- Tue, 14:52: UPDATE Mr. Campy's sepsis due to pneumonia & early bladder infection. Altered mental state due to low sodium. Will b in hosp 2 days at least
- Tue, 14:53: Thanks for all the Twitter well wishes. <3 I love you guys. You're the best. :D Especially when we don't have family here in San Diego.
- Tue, 19:52: YAY SG1-DeBRIEF IS BACK frOM DeLETION! #Stargate http://t.co/T6FLI7p0
- Tue, 21:12: RT @Raineme: @campyspornshack I will try my best #Stargate #Myfavouriteboys http://t.co/PjXtfrVb
- Tue, 21:14: RT @Jorge_Z: #Stargate Wedding Band - FashionablyGeek http://t.co/MOOEwq7W @dakinegirl @GeekyHostess http://t.co/QwCIZ4Xe
magnavox_23 is hosting a party at a mutual friend's apartment & whispers that she'd invited a very special guest whom I'd be sure to like, as "he's bisexual". So far, so good.
Then said guest CLIFF SIMON shows up, but introduces himself as "Aiden. Aiden Ford." He has this weird way of eating a green apple: he picks off any brown bits from the skin & saves them in his hand before eating the rest of the apple. ???
I'm trying to remember where I'd heard the name "Aiden Ford" before and tell Rachel Luttrell (who's sitting next to me) that it sounds familiar, that I know of an actor who played that role on SGA but can't remember his name.
LOLWUT? (BTW Mags, you throw awesome dream parties. The Kahlua shooter was yummy.)
Because the people who are crazy enough to think
they can change the world, are the ones who do.
In 1997, I started flailing around on a Windows machine. Could barely mouse my way around or do anything coherent.
In 1998, I discovered the Mac.
By 2000, I was earning my living as a free-lance Web developer, cross-platform between the Mac & Windows operating systems.
Yesterday, I heard of Steve's passing via Twitter, on a MacBook.
Steve Jobs touched my life indirectly, but in an insanely great way.
So, campylobacter , your LiveJournal reveals…
You are… 0% unique, 16% peculiar, 50% interesting, 21% normal and 13% herdlike (partly because you, like everyone else, enjoy science fiction). When it comes to friends you are popular. In terms of the way you relate to people, you are keen to please. Your writing style (based on a recent public entry) is conventional.
Your overall weirdness is: 22
(The average level of weirdness is: 28.
You are weirder than 50% of other LJers.)
Guess I'd better stop ReTweeting and Reblogging content if I wanna be unique! ;D
[via ivanolix 's meme]
( Read my interesting exchange with AT&T's Tweep minion... )
LiveJournal is still reeling from the recent DDoS attacks, so a few communities that I enjoy (cms_daily, alittleofboth , dustishisstory ) created DreamWidth mirrors because of LJ's instability. stargate_summer and sos_lounge have also advised members of their existing DW mirrors.
LJ is still so effed-up that my DreamWidth mirror account didn't pick up my most recent (private) entries from the export queue. I often compose drafts of future posts and set them to Private while they're in development, so it's not Super Secret stuff, it's just important, complicated stuff that needs to be backed up until it's published, e.g. daniel_vala updated Rules.
DreamWidth doesn't allow importing content from LJ communities (due to intellectual property considerations), so all that wonderful daniel_vala content (which dates back to July 2005 might be lost if the next DDoS attack or a hacking exploit or a natural disaster deletes every fucking thing or destroys backup server racks. I'm looking into a way to preserve all that content, but I don't want to piss off anyone who doesn't want DW to publish their stuff.
Via a Twitter hash tag I found an LJ post about LJ's DDoS troubles, which also points to an app that archives LJ content, but I'm not sure if it handles communities. My Windoze laptop's a brick right now due to hard drive failure; my Mac can't run an executable file until I install an emulator.
FUCK MY FANDOM LIFE. Even Tumblr has been giving me error messages.
[included in the 8 April 2011 sg1_debrief ]
They sent the exact same thing to me over a month ago.
What do you care, Facebook? Is it so important that I provide you with constantly updated information that you can sell to advertisers?
I'm afraid I got ragey and replaced my FB Profile pic with Trollface, changed my city to Istanbul, my hometown to somewhere in Senegal, deleted my almae matres, blocked a bunch of people and locked down my Privacy settings. I'm feeling moderately better, because instead of some insidious database caching Profile info if I'd deleted my account, I forced their DB to update my info with false information -- as per my abiding love for using disinformation to render worthless unscrupulous intelligence-gathering efforts.
subject: LJ Paid Account Extension
(the following is an anonymous gift)
6 months of paid account time have been added to your LiveJournal account
I owe some awesome anonymouse a heaping bushel porn! Or genfic. Or a nude manip of John Sheppard.
copied from cleothemuse
I am too excited by DADT's repeal to write any fanfic that's not about Jack/Daniel or Daniel/Cam or Sam/Janet or Sam/Vala or John/Rodney celebrating. But I have a Daniel/Vala Gift Exchange due Monday, so AUGH.
I feel the same way today as I felt when the Cold War ended, when apartheid was abolished in South Africa, and when the Berlin Wall came down.
Hello? Over 13,000 people were dishonorably discharged because of this utterly stupid 17-year policy.
OMG I AM EXCITE.
That awkward moment when you reset it just as your pirated WiFi cuts off. FOR 5 HOURS.
That awkward moment when you use a certain F-bomb in PayPal's automated customer service chatbox ("Virtual Assistant") and the chatbot asks you to keep the chat "G-rated". So you use "frell" instead.
That awkward moment when you call a real tech support person at PayPal to downgrade your account to "personal" from "premier" so you won't get charged extra to send money.
Teh intarwebz iz FUN and CONVENIENT. Especially for when I'm in a socially maladjusted mood.
That way I can embarrass the ever-loving uncle-fucking shit out of you with my classy language and stories about science fiction characters having BUTTSECKS, in front of your RL family, friends, boss, co-workers, clients, church members, pastor, and little children.
LiveJournal, WTFFFFFF were you thinking?
Goatse is Not Safe For Work
If you set your default to cross-post comments, ALL of your comments, including screened and Friends Only comments, can be cross-posted whenever you choose. [LiveJournal News: Facebook and Twitter Connect, Pingbacks]
Read siderea's LJ entry for a very cogent argument against the default settings AND fundamental fail of such interconnectivity.
Yeah, I couldn't resist clicking the damned Play arrow. That Evanescence song "My Immortal" was playing over it. It was amateur footage of a couple stray cats in a parking lot. The black-and-white cat had been hit by a car and lain down and died. Her orange companion tried to knead & lick her back to life, then curled up next to her and squeezed his eyes shut as a final goodbye. Baaaaaaaaaaawww. A damned YouTube video made me cry for an HOUR.
And I need to write PORN.
I also am obsessed with buying a graphics tablet, too, so I can DRAW PORN. :-D
NOT dead cats.
Someone gimme some LOLCats that aren't dead or sad, please.
The iomega eGo Portable mounted just fine on my iMac, but none of the Windoze laptops recognized it... until I had my iMac format it for MSDOS.
Now the drive will let any of my computers mount it!
So whaddya think I named her?
( The answer... )